www.lizbaxter.com | email@example.com
Lighting & FX Artist
An established lighting artist with proven experience working on high-profile games for delivery across multiple platforms. Collaborate effectively across functions to ensure alignment with all project deliverables, including creating processes that maximize team efficiency and effectiveness.
Maya Mental Ray Shake Gamebryo Scene Designer
Photoshop Illustrator After Effects
Windows | Linux | Mac OSX Unreal
EDGE OF REALITY | Austin, TX August 2013 – February 2014
“Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark” (2014 – Xbox One, PS4, WiiU, Xbox 360, PS3)
• Responsible for planning and creating color script to unify the game.
• Collaborated with environment artists and designers to help create the visual look of each area, by adding lighting, fog, and bloom.
• Modified textures and shaders to better cooperate with Lightmass in Unreal.
AVALANCHE | DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS | Austin, TX March 2013 – June 2013
“Disney Infinity” (2012 – Wii, Xbox 360, PS3)
• Placed button prompts for the tutorial help, and extra support for the VFX team.
JUNCTION POINT | DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS | Austin, TX March 2010 – February 2013
“Epic Mickey (2010 – Wii)”
“Epic Mickey 2: The Power of 2 (2012 – Wii, Xbox 360, PS3)”
• Created lighting for various levels within the Epic Mickey franchise, supporting content for Wii, Xbox 360 and PS3 platforms.
• Collaborated across functions with Environment Artists to create detailed textures and fix shaders.
• Leveraged an in-depth knowledge of color theory to create mood and unique lighting to exceed expectations.
• Created in-depth documentation for lighting guidelines and standards for the start of Epic Mickey 2, ultimately utilized by the entire lighting team to keep files and visuals consistent throughout the game.
• Constructed placeholder effects prior to polish during the early stages of the game.
SPIDERWOOD ANIMATION STUDIO | Austin, TX November 2009 – March 2010
“Flight of Magic Animation”
Lead Character Lighter
• Held responsibility for creating new guidelines for the lighting pipeline, as well as solving various lighting problems related to materials and shaders when interacting with light.
• Personally created character lighting and worked closely with teams to smooth out the pipeline and workflow, including helping to finish lighting for sets.
RHYTHM & HUES | Los Angeles, CA May 2008 — November 2009
“Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakuel (2009)”
“Night at the Museum 2 (2009)”
“Aliens in the Attic (2009)”
• Set up and rendered complex shots to match the background environment, including managing shot files with multiple characters and head replacements.
• Personally managed all rendered assets and created a Light Comp, leading to all assets passing on to compositing for final polish.
• Performed the final compositing polish on key shots in Night at the Museum 2.
• Accurately and efficiently documented and labeled all data and content, enabling the project to be swiftly re-started following a three-month hold.
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Visual Effects (Technical Direction Minor), Savannah College of Art and Design
Running, Roller Derby, PMS Clan (Pandora’s Mighty Soldiers, video game community)
Download PDF Resume